Spring’s here (just about) so let’s go out into the garden and see what’s ready to eat…
Now the days are getting (marginally) warmer, I’m heading outside to see what fresh seasonal food is ready in the garden. This recipe brings together two of my favourites: asparagus and broad beans.
Asparagus, Bacon, Broad Bean and Feta Salad
- 750g asparagus
- 200g pack goat’s Feta
- 200g smoked bacon
- handful broad beans
- salad leaves
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- Pan fry the asparagus in a very small amount of olive oil. The asparagus is cooked when it goes bright green and is slightly soft to bite. Cook the broad beans in a little water for a minute or two. Drain.
- Set aside the vegetables. Fry the bacon until crispy.
- Drain the Feta and cut into bite-sized cubes.
- Mix the three things together, adding a good squeeze of lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil and seasoning.
- Serve warm with some salad leaves.
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag #coromandelflavour – I love to see what you’ve been making and any feedback is really welcome.