Wow! What a busy Auckland Food Show… these are the photos taken of the calm before the storm… 30,088 people came this year over four days!
And ‘hello’ to all the new friends I made… I had some truly interesting conversations and met lots of people who are as passionate about food as I am! Thanks to Omahu Valley Citrus, Blackbeard Smokehouse, Hot Water Brewing, Castle Rock Café and Thames-Coromandel District Council’s Communications and Marketing Team for being so enthusiastic about my book.
I have been working hard at data-entering all the emails that I collected at the show and getting ready to draw the winner of the free cookbook…
and the winner is Janet Adlington! So many congratulations to Janet; the book will be winging its way to you very soon.
As well as promoting my own book, I had a good wander round the Show and came home with bulging carrier bags. Hera are some of the weird and wonderful things that you may have missed… in no particular order…
1. Coconut bacon – vegan raw food smoked coconut snack – http://www.smoups.nz
2. Bee Wrapt – eco food wraps – http://www.beewrapt.co.nz
3. Cocosina – Samoan coconut cooking oil with a neutral flavour and odour – http://www.cocosina.com
4. Edible insects – http://crawlers.co.nz
5. Danish crackerbread – http://linesknaekbrod.weebly.com
6. Virtuo Olive Oil – http://theoliveplace.co.nz
7. Klevacut Knives – http://klevacut.co.nz
8. Stainless steel lunch boxes – http://mealsinsteel.nz
9. Chipotle sauce – http://culleys.co.nz/product/chipotle/
I am going to be tasting them more fully and/or trying them out in my kitchen in the coming weeks and will give you a full report… I would love to know what other people bought… please comment and tell me :o)
And then, taking a deep breath I step back to my garden and country life in Coromandel… Here’s my family – Duncan (husband) and Jack (son), for those of you who are reading this for the first time, and my home that I am self-building in Coromandel.
Also in the ‘hood are three goldfish and a goat! Happy days…
PS And for those of you who want a laugh… Here’s a link to a little video of me trying one of those infamous crickets!!